This is a label for a bottle of wine. Now that I am in this class I am starting to see certain inspirations from the graphic art periods. I saw this in a art design magazine and it screamed Swiss/International. The quality of the art work is hard to tell through this scan, but I do enjoy the flush typeface with a a real strong use of a grid. The international style has to be one of my favorite periods so this easily caught my eye.
This is a identity for a brand of furniture that I saw at Target over the weekend. These wordmarks were everywhere promoting their new mid-century modern style under this label. The design has a real elegant look and the designer did a great job with appropriating the style of the furniture with the logo. The initial reaction I got from this wordmark was a art deco feel. I feel it bleeds into the late modernism era as well. The style of the sixty-two closely resembles the Broadway font of the art deco period.

Comments
Post a Comment